Regarded as being one of the giants of the civil engineering industry, this market leading contractor has been at the forefront of major project delivery though out the United Kingdom. They have always had a dominant presence in East Anglia. With the successful delivery of a number of high profile schemes they have now been awarded a major multimillion project. The project itself takes all aspects of the civil engineering spectrum from water, highways, roads, and rail and will provide a technical challenge like no other project. They have also secured a number of single one off schemes in the area as well.
Position: Submissions Coordinator
Location: East Anglia
Package: Negotiable Salary
The successful applicant for this Proposals Co-ordinator role in East Anglia will work primarily with our Work Winning team to create or edit proposal narratives and content for Construction project proposals ranging from five million to over 100 million pounds. As a member of the Work Winning team you will participate in the proposal narrative storyboarding and content development process through final edit. You will also work one on one with technical construction and engineering experts to interview them and assist them as they put their thoughts down into writing. Strong interpersonal communication skills are critical. Also important is the ability to grasp technical engineering and construction information and convey it in a concise readable narrative that will appeal to multiple audiences with varying levels of technical expertise.
As Submissions Coordinator you will:
- Be responsible for ensuring PQQ / tender submissions are completed consistently ahead of client deadlines
- Write technical and non-technical tender responses
- Co-ordinate the writing process for low and medium priority bids
- Be responsibility for understanding the internal bid management process and systems in order to assist/coach and develop bid co-ordinators and other team members when required
- Collaborate effectively and independently with other operations and estimating personnel, the clients joint venture partner personnel and lead designer personnel to develop high value technical proposal narratives.
You will have:
- Experience in in technical proposals preparation and construction bid writing
- Degree-level education (ideally English, Marketing or Sales related) or equivalent journalistic / professional writing background
- The ability to work on contracts with values from £5m - £100m
- Experience of working in a busy, deadline driven working environment is essential as the role demands the ability to handle multiple submissions simultaneously
- Excellent IT skills, particularly with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook) and In-Design. Experience of using databases, spread sheets and the internet for reporting purposes
- Experience of creating professional documentation to a very high standard with particular focus on accuracy
- Exceptional writing, proofreading and editorial skills: Knowledge of proper spelling, grammar, punctuation, and sentence structure to ensure that written materials prepared and reviewed are complete, succinct, and free of mechanical errors.
- Ability to work in a team environment, remaining attentive to ideas, recognizing responsibilities, and actively participating with others to accomplish assignments and achieve desired goals.
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities, work environments, management styles and business trends.
- Ability to quickly grasp technical details and translate into concise written information for a variety of technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to think laterally and identify new solutions to client problems
- Good time management skills
- Ability to listen effectively
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.