A Structural Engineer with around 2/4 years design experience in building structures is needed to join the structural division of this multi-disciplinary architectural and engineering consultancy. The structures team is small but growing and this is an opportunity to be part of the development of the firm. They work across several sectors with a current bias towards residential.
- Working closely with the Structures Team Director and other engineers.
- Preparing sketch schemes to explore initial design ideas.
- Instructing technicians to produce working drawings
- Preparing design calculation packages
- Work will mainly be on building structures, with some work on and civil engineering structures such as retaining walls and landscape structures.
Required skills & qualifications
- Degree in civil or structural engineering.
- Around 2-4 years' experience in the design of building structures.
- Ability to design in all the main structural materials.
- Capable of sketching to quickly explore ideas and communicate with others.
- Experience in producing structural calculations
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Desire to understand and learn.
- Experience of using TEDDS calculation package
- Knowledge of AutoCAD.
Support to develop your skills towards chartered status will be provided.
Please apply or call Neesha on 07717 856 380 to discuss further.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.