Are you a diligent and experienced Storesperson/Goods inwards Operative, seeking a full time opportunity with an innovative, global business who not only offer a great working environment, but a fantastic internal culture, based upon trust and respect?
If so, we are seeking a candidate like you to fulfil a contract position in Reading. Initially running for 6 months, there is good potential that this will be extended.
This is a full time role and the hours of work are 8.15am to 5.15pm, Monday to Friday with a 30 minute break and 8.15am to 1.15pm on Fridays with no break.
- To assist in the storage, handling and distribution of the resources of the Stores and Distribution area.
- To ensure accurate Stock Control.
- To work as a team with other Stores and Distribution personnel, and assist each other to provide holiday/Sickness cover.
- To ensure safe custody of stock, to ensure compliance with statutory and other regulations, e.g. fire and health or special conditions imposed by a customer.
- To operate an effective issuing system from main stores to Production Control.
- To maintain full trace-ability system, labelling of goods, issuing of internal batch numbers. To ensure all materials are correctly identified.
- To provide, with others, a timely kitting service within stores of materials required for production.
- To kit up any materials required by Purchasing for sub-contract operations.
- To issue shop floor team leaders with requisitioned parts.
- To assist in perpetual inventory stock checks (PI) in order to maintain integrity of stock record data.
- To receive goods into the company, assisting with loading and unloading
- To undertake any other duties or special projects as may be required by the Purchasing and Contracts Manager
- Experience of a stores/goods in position
- Excellent communication skills
- Good levels of numeracy and accuracy
- Diligence and a keen eye for detail
- Forklift licence (desirable)
Please note that due to the nature of the business, any offer of employment (either temporary or permanent) made by this client will be subject to full referencing, covering the last three years. Gaps in employment can be covered via other means such as proof of benefit claim, but applicants must be willing to undergo this process.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Business.