We have an interesting permanent opportunity within the Stores department of an established business in Newton Abbot. You will deal with goods-in deliveries of component parts and the packing and despatch of the assembled products.
Candidates must have previous experience of working within a despatch role.
- To help with the coordination of the activities within dispatch to achieve daily delivery requirements.
- Help maintain the department in an organised way to ensure product for dispatch is in the correct place at the right time.
- Keep the dispatch area clean and tidy at all time in line with 5S principles.
- Ensure products are packed in line with work instructions to ensure all items are protected from transport damage.
- To help coordinate with transportation companies in the absence of the Despatch Supervisor to ensure suitable size Lorries arrive at the correct time to meet daily output requirements.
- Work with production to ensure smaller Goods-In items, are cleared through the system and put into stock daily.
- Inform the Despatch Supervisor of depleting despatch material stock levels.
- To help ensure all product supplied by the Production team is packed and despatched on the same day.
- To help co-ordinate large customer export shipments in line with provided schedules.
- To help ensure the highest possible standards of quality and customer service are attained at all times.
- Excellent practical and problem solving skills
- Good technical level of product knowledge
- A reliable and punctual approach to work
- The ability to work unsupervised and prioritise
- Basic IT and administration skills
- To be quality focused - A positive "can do" enthusiastic attitude towards addressing the technical challenges facing the company and their clients
- Possess a strong safety mindset to assure the work completed reflects the technical requirements within industry safety standards.
- To proactively identify areas for improvement and share them with colleagues and line manager.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good communication skills
- Positively approach change or new situations.
Working Hours: 7.30am - 4pm Mon - Fri
To apply, or to find out more information, please click on one of the "apply" buttons
Please note that due to a high level of applications, we can only respond immediately to applicants whose skills & qualifications are suitable for this position.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.