Our client, a leading UK employer in its market, and they are looking for a Solvency II Accountant to join their team based in Andover.
Whilst Solvency II experience is highly desired we will also accept applications from qualified Accountants who have experience within the Financial Services/Insurance industry and would like the fantastic opportunity to be trained in-house on Solvency II regulations.
To work as part of a small team reporting to the senior finance reporting manager responsible for the preparation of Solvency II Pillar I capital calculations together with Pillar III reporting. The role will include the production of monthly solvency calculations, together with annual and quarterly reporting and ad-hoc reports as required.
- Maintain an up to date knowledge of relevant European Insurance and Occupational Pensions Authority (EIOPA) technical standards, and liaise directly with external advisors as required.
- Produce annual and quarterly Solvency II statements in accordance with Prudential Regulatory Authority (PRA) requirements, including but not limited to;
- Annual Solvency and Financial Condition Report
- Quarterly Reporting Template schedules to the PRA / EIOPA
- Regular Supervisory Report to the PRA / EIO
- Work closely with other members of the Finance Treasury & Investments team preparing:
- Inputs into the Own Risk and Solvency Assessment as and when required.
- Capital projections to support business planning requests
- Solvency II impact of investment decisions
- Provide finance data requirements into IT system changes as appropriate, to support & improve the calculation of solvency reports
- Provide updates to the business on technical Solvency II changes including training
The ideal candidate for this role will:
- Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA,ACMA etc)
- Solvency II, specifically Pillars I and III
This is a full time, permanent role working Monday to Friday. This role is offering £40,000- £50,000 per annum plus a great benefits package to include 28 days holiday, pension, Health Insurance, onsite parking and much more.
For more information please contact Gemma Lawrence at Meridian on 01264 310983 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to apply and find out more.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.