We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced hands-on software development manager. You will thrive on the opportunity to remain grounded in design and development, leading a team through innovative and challenging technical projects and product development in a fast-paced and performance-driven environment. You will manage and mentor a technical team of permanent, contract and offshore developers that architects, codes, tests and delivers language technology solutions in line with strategic goals and budgets that meet customer requirements. This role includes both management of team members and actual "hands on" technical development as part of the team.
You and your team will create complex, efficient, and maintainable solutions within time, quality and cost constraints, and enjoy the benefit of seeing the real time impact of your successful delivery.
You will support one of the Director's of in a senior role in all technical, team management and strategic areas.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Knowledge of the full SDLC including best practices, coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Expert programming skills in at least one high-level language, preferably Python
- Experience working with the XML stack (XSLT, XSD, XProc, XSpec)
- A deep understanding of API development, SOA (Service-Oriented Architecture), and REST
- Production experience with at least one cloud-computing platform, preferably AWS
- Experience with semantic web technologies such as RDF, SPARQL, OWL, and SKOS and understanding of Linked Data principles
- Previous experience with distributed systems and architectures
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies
- Effectiveness in the transfer of technical expertise to colleagues
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to express technological opportunities and technical requirements to both specialists and non-specialists
- Post-graduate degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or Artificial Intelligence
- Enterprise-scale API development &/or evangelism experience
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.