This market leading international contractor has recently secured the lions share of new projects in Manchester. These schemes include two frameworks, one major project and variety of other projects that cover infrastructure, highways, structures, water and roads. The business prides itself on successful and quality delivery of the work that it undertakes, and in order to ensure this continues they are now seeking to recruit an Slip Form Manager to their existing management team.
You will preferably have been involved in the installation of various slipform barrier/walling, slabs, drainage and kerbs or have extensive knowledge of working on site with concrete and ideally have been involved in commercial aspects of the works.
- Establish and promote best practice in health, safety and environmental matters in conjunction with the SHQE department.
- Overall management of project teams during the construction and installation phase of the project.
- Co-ordination of constructability input during solutions identification and development phase.
- Co-ordination and allocation of construction staff to projects ensuring that appropriate construction and installation staff are appointed to individual projects: based on experience, skills and knowledge.
- Liaise with the Contracts Manager to ensure that the construction resource pool is an appropriate size, with an appropriate blend of skill-sets, for the projected workload.
- Overall management of construction resources including Labour, Plant and Materials.
- Overall performance management of subcontractors.
- Ensures that the construction and installation teams are accountable for their performance against agreed schedules and budgets.
- Ensures that all construction and installation activities are carried out in accordance with Health and Safety Legislation.
- Ensures that the duties of the Principal Contractor are discharged in accordance with the CDM Regulations.
- Development of Inspection and Test Plans.
Qualifications / Training / Experience:
- 8- 10 years post graduate construction experience and preferably a 3rd level education.
- Experience of working across multiple sites
- CSR Supervisors Card
- First Aid
- Sound and knowledgeable commercial and financial understanding
- Project Manager experience
- Knowledge of company policy and procedures including safety and environment related issues
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Business.