Manage your own time to achieve project goals, Fitting and assembling components to make SA's, build, set up and run machine. Follow approved methods and help maintain and improve efficiency in the work place.
Extensive knowledge of Pneumatics is necessary. You will be required to follow a schematic diagram.
- Be responsible for keeping tidy the area you are working in/on following 5's.
- Work to the high standards expected in your role and seek continuous improvements.
- Engage in technical and personal training when offered by the company.
- Be responsible for your own work and time monitoring using the companies SFDC system.
- Communicate any problems/issues with your Team Leader or Supervisor suggesting a solution if possible.
- Mentor any trainee or apprentice when requested to do so.
- Ensure that the work environment conforms to Health and Safety regulations and that safe working practices are promoted and maintained.
- Assist and help other departments when requested.
- Be flexible to company's needs
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
What skills, qualifications and experience are necessary for full and effective performance?
- A full mechanical apprenticeship is desirable.
- A broad experience of Fitting practices.
- Problem solving and a logical mind.
- Able to work on own with little supervision also able to work within a team.
- Proactive in suggesting improvements and a self-motivator.
- Basic Knowledge of Health and Safety legislation, understanding your responsibility to work in a manner which ensures the safety of yourself and those around you
- Product knowledge of packaging machines and special-purpose machines desirable but not essential.
- Basic machining and fabrication advantageous.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Able to read and follow detailed assembly drawings.
Hours of work are 07.00-17.15 Monday - Thursday. 38 hours a week. Overtime is paid after 38 hours at time and a half.
You are required to possess your own tools for this role.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.