Site Supervisor (Mechanical and Electrical Installation)
This highly respected company has really gained nothing but positive press in recent weeks due to the completion of some very high profile schemes. The company has developed an unrivalled reputation for being the one of few turnkey engineering providers who can take the project from conception through engineering design, construction, commission and hand over. This division of the company is responsible for the project delivery, installation and commissioning, and is one of their most successful divisions.
They have been tasked with the full mechanical and electrical installation of new facility that has just finished its construction phase. As result a strong knowledge of CDM and health & safety is key, as they are essential when dealing with package contractors. The role of the Site Supervisor is key role within the Site Management Team.
Position: Site Supervisor (Mechanical and Electrical Installation).
Working with the site manger as the appointed CDM Principal Contractor the supervisor will support the following
- Site Set up
- Inductions for new personnel - Site and Project Specific
- Permits - manage the issuing of permits to work (PTW)
- Periodic H&S Audits and pro-active safety co-ordination
- Toolbox talks and proactive reviews with duty holders
- CDM Daily Paperwork / Documentation - administration duties
- Deal with Contractor queries and H&S aspects
- Method Statement / Risk Assessment review and co-ordination. Deal with any changes to these as arising and ensure work is being carried out in accordance with these documents
- Keep the Working copy of the H&S Construction File up to date
- Review of Progress against the Project Programme alongside the Client's representatives
- Coordination of works - planning, interface of CDM scope of works with normal Clients operations, interfaces, restrictions etc.
- Make sure available welfare facilities provided from the start, and maintained throughout the construction phase.
- CDM area segregation and security in liaison with the Client
- Adequate signage and non-authorised persons management
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Business.