An exciting opportunity has arisen to work with one of Meridian's largest clients.
To assist members of public with the disposal of waste at Household Waste Recycling Centres across 10 sites in Buckinghamshire.
Ideally the candidate will have their own transport to commute to site and be flexible to travel to other nearby locations if required.
Days will vary on a weekly basis, however as much notice will be given as possible. Ad-hoc days may be required to assist cover holiday & sick leave for the client.
This role would suit someone who is flexible to work part-time up to full-time hours on a weekly basis Monday-Sunday
Due to health and safety reasons, we cannot accept applications from anybody under the age of 18.
Working hours are currently 9am-6pm
- Assisting members of public with the disposal of their waste within the HWRC
- Sorting and moving waste streams deposited by members of the public into the appropriate location and waste stream e.g. paints
- Moving large electrical items into the appropriate storage area
- Escorting members of the public to specific containers
- Complying with the site license and FCC Environment health and safety procedures.
- Ensuring good housekeeping within the site is maintained.
- Litter picking to ensure waste does to escape and complies with the site license.
- Enforcing traffic management within the HWRC and directing traffic as and when required.
- Assessing and making a judgement as to whether certain vehicles are depositing of waste from a trade waste origin.
- Maintaining housekeeping within the mess facilities.
- Any other duties deemed necessary to meet the needs of the business.
Qualifications and Experience
- Experienced with interacting with members of the public
- Keen to work as part of a team
- Health and safety minded
- Good customer service skills
- Polite and helpful
Safety Boots & PPE must be worn on site all all times
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Business.