We are currently recruiting on behalf of our client, for a Site Manager based in Newport.
The Site Manager will report to the Regional Head of Operations and will be responsible for managing an LPG Cylinder Filling & Bulk Distribution plant, delivering safety and compliance, and effectively managing all aspects relating to people, assets, processes and performance associated with the site.
- Managing safety in accordance with the Safety Management System to meet compliance and the aim to proactively drive a positive safety culture at site
- Adhering with transport compliance, including vehicle maintenance, Drivers hours and Working Time Directive
- Managing compliance of company processes and procedures relating to sales, stocks and financial controls
- Maintenance of safety critical equipment in accordance with Operating Procedures and Work Instruction
- Retaining existing customer base and striving for growth to drive customer service standards from site
- Maintaining control of business assets and stocks to reflect customer demand expectations
- Proactively working with central teams to deliver effective account management, manage credit control and levels of customer debt
- Managing site costs within budgeted levels and resources efficiently on balance with service expectations
- Conduct all aspects of managing employees on site including selection, recruitment, training, performance management and appraisals etc.
What do we want from you?
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to Health & Safety
- Have knowledge of working to Health & Safety and employment law
- Have experience of working with customers, in providing great service and resolving customer issues
- Display proven experience of working with Business Management Systems
- Have proven experience of effective process management and financial controls procedures (P&L & Budgets)
- Be computer literate, including competence in Outlook, Word & Excel
- Possess ability to demonstrate numeracy and literacy skills and effective communication with customers and colleagues at all levels
- Be professional and conducts themselves with integrity and honesty at all times
- Be prepared to work flexibly to accommodate seasonal influences
- Holder of a Certificate of Professional Competence in Road Haulage (CPC)
- A full driving licence
Desirable experience and knowledge of:
- COMAH regulations including properties, safe handling and storage of dangerous goods
- CODAS or similar operating systems
- ADR legislation
- Mechanical knowledge of plant process
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.