On behalf of our Stonehouse-based client, we are seeking a personable and pro-active candidate with experience of supervising others to support a Shop Floor Manager in managing an established team. This role is two-fold and will also involve liaising with customers, suppliers and couriers, so applicants will also need strong communication skills and the ability to deal with people at all levels.
The ideal candidate for this role will have experience in a similar position and enjoy working as part of a close-knit team. You will be hands-on and have a flexible approach to your role - readily turning your hand to any task required of you. Any experience of fabrication and machining is highly desirable.
There will be computer-based work involved, so applicants should have good PC skills and be confident with their ability to utilise an in-house system and input data accurately.
The Supervisor will be accountable for:
Meeting customer requirements, Developing a "can do approach" within the business, focusing on good customer service, alongside the efficient use of labour.
Main duties and responsibilities:-
- To ensure customer orders and deliveries are met and flag up any potential delays or issues to the Manager
- Supporting the Manager in supervising a small team, ensuring motivation levels are high, processes are adhered to and deadlines are met
- Ensuring all breaks in work are kept unless otherwise agreed
- Assisting in ensuring that a high standard of quality is kept throughout
- Ensuring the premises are kept to a high standard (housekeeping)
- Complete regular stock checks and inform Manager of any purchasing requirements.
- Take delivery of raw materials, discussing effective storage with Manager
- Inform Manager of non-conformance materials and organise collection if needed.
- Organise collection of offcut materials
- Inform Manager of any machinery problems.
- Take customer orders and provide advice to customers as appropriate
- Work with courier regarding despatch and transport issues.
- Utilise forklift for stock and order movement
- Identify and discuss any training needs with Manager
There is a competitive remuneration package applicable to this vacancy, details of which will be provided to suitable applicants prior to any CV submission.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.