Our client is recruiting for a Quality, Energy, Environmental and Safety Manager (QEES Manager) to join their established team in the West Midlands. Excellent salary and long term career with growing company are on offer for the successful candidate.
As QEES Manager, you will have responsibility for the implementation, application and follow up of the company's policies and targets on site. You will act as a customer representative and key contact on site.
Working closely with the customers and in cooperation with the various teams within the company, the quality manager is responsible for ensuring the follow up of the customer complaints using all the relevant tools (8D, QRQC, Six Sigma etc). The quality manager plays a major role in assisting the site director in coordinating performance management of the site.
The QEES Manager is the operational manager in regards to the quality, energy, environment and safety management systems. This will include performing, supervising, coordinating the planning of and execution of quality, health and safety and environmental audits both internal and external. You will also be responsible for the management of the site's documentary system in place.
- Previous experience in a similar role (SHEQ Manager, Quality Manager, QSE Manager or equivalent)
- Previous experience within the automotive industry with good working knowledge of TS16949 as well as quality management ISO14001
- People management ability as you will lead a team of 4 quality engineers.
- Qualification in quality management or mechanical engineering at Level 6 or above (Bachelor's degree or above) or / and equivalent on-the-job experience in a similar role in automotive manufacturing including managing health and safety.
- Proven negotiation skills, with analytical thinking and problem solving skills with the ability to stay calm and collected under pressure.
- Quality management tools and statistics such as FMEA, fault tree analysis,
- SPC procedures and problem-solving approaches, with competency in PPAP procedures in regards to supplier management is a 'must have'.
- Any experience of plastics manufacturing will be desirable.
- Any Health and Safety / Environmental management qualifications would be an advantage.
Salary: £35-45k per annum dependent on experience
Benefits: (subject to terms and conditions): 25 days holiday, bonuses, company sick pay, pension, income protection, health cash plans
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.