We are currently seeking a service technitian to join a well established team within the Telford area
- Service and repairs:
- Analyse service requirement and correct service measurement.
- Repair according to service requirement.
- Perform planned (and preventive) maintenance, emergency repairs and larger repairs in service workshop and at customer site.
- Product upgrades.
- Product and measuring device calibration.
- Customer contact:
- At customer site.
- In the workshop.
- Via telephone and email.
- Acceptance of goods arriving for service and booking into system.
- Follow up and documentation of performed service.
- Time management and time reporting.
- Service order processing.
- Insight in service agreements and ability to make an offer for smaller service work.
- Packing and dispatch of goods/returns.
- Improvement: Develop and improve service processes.
- Working hours:
- Working hours are mainly within office hours, with out of working hours paid as overtime.
- The position requires travelling to customers site (mostly nationally) and might require the technician to stay overnight - short notice may be necessary (eg: within 24 hours) therefore a flexible approach will be essential.
- Professional experience similar responsibilities
- Driving license
- Good computer skills
- Office package
- Navision (previous experience is a merit)
- Fluent in English (requirement)
- Fork Lift license holder (beneficial although training would be given)
- Ability to learn new tasks quickly.
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Efficient and structured.
- A team player.
- Ability to instruct others in the service work.
- Social competence:
- The company's public face,
- Represent the company in a professional manner.
- Good communication skills, responsive and solution-oriented.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.