Do you possess at least 2 years experience using SEO to achieve sustainable visibility on search engines? Are you passionate about organic search optimisation and have an excellent understanding of how websites are built on a technical level? An exciting Senior Technical SEO Executive opportunity has arisen at a highly innovative, successful, award winning digital agency in Brighton where you will take ownership of SEO performance for your clients, developing strategies and delivering against KPIs.
You will come equipped with considerable experience in technical SEO with a track record of successfully consulting on technical SEO projects. You will undertake website audits, keyword research and backlink analyses. You'll also be passionate, intent on keeping your SEO knowledge up-to-date.
Responsibilities as a Senior Technical SEO Executive:
- Auditing websites on all aspects of technical SEO
- Help our clients grow through sustainable organic search visibility
- Taking ownership of client’s organic performance and technical integrity
- Playing a leading role in strategic discussions about how SEO can solve business challenges and drive marketing performance
- Carrying out competitor analyses, backlink audits, keyword research, and other research projects as required
- Preparing qualitative and quantitative reports on SEO campaign performance
- Meeting dynamic KPIs set out specifically for you and your role
- Staying abreast of developments in technical SEO best practice, and sharing knowledge across the team where applicable
- Being Google Analytics certified and keeping this up-to-date
- Aiding team learning through transparency, sharing both successes and failures
Requirements as a Senior Technical SEO Executive:
- Comprehensive SEO knowledge, and commitment to keep this up-to-date
- Experience performing website audits and backlink analyses
- Proficiency with industry-standard SEO tools – crawlers, link checkers, etc.
- Google Analytics IQ certification
- Reporting experience – updating clients on performance against KPIs
- Advanced Microsoft Excel (e.g., VLOOKUPs, PivotTables, advanced formulae)
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Office and everyday IT
- Excellent communication with technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Accountable for the performance and technical integrity of your clients
- Able to balance your workload and deliver on time
- Be a positive person that adds energy to our team
- 2+ years’ experience in technical SEO
- Strategic experience – consulting on how organic search can have a measurable impact within cross-channel digital marketing campaigns
- Experience designing large-scale SEO-friendly information architecture
- Experience supporting migrations – change of domain, CMS, protocol, etc.
- Working knowledge (or better) of PHP, SQL or other relevant technologies desirable
- Working knowledge (or better) of WordPress, Magento, other CMS platforms desirable
- Experience with other analytics platforms – e.g. Adobe Analytics, Omniture would be an advantage