Senior/Principle Market Research Consultant - Transport - Woking
Our client is an international engineering and consulting group specializing in rail and public transport. They are looking for an experienced Senior/Principle Market Research Consultant to join their well established and growing research team due to continuous demand for expert skills and knowledge.
The role will be based out of their Woking office, you will build and maintain strong relationship with one of our client's biggest customers who have been with our client for over 20 years. You will also be responsible for building and maintaining relationships with other clients within the business portfolio including Department for Transport, TfL, HS2 and other train operating companies, local authorities and utilities companies. You will be expected to get involved with all elements of market research projects as well as project and proposal management.
You will manage projects taking direction from the Project Director, lead and delivery specific work packages to quality, time and budget. You will work with clients to understand ultimate objections and desired outcomes for each project, ensuring that work plans and budgets are clear; that earned value is measured, monitored and managed and that risks to delivering to quality, on time and within budget against acceptance criteria are anticipated and managed and overall client satisfaction targets are met. You will initiate timely and accurate invoicing so that cash collection targets are met, demonstrate advanced proficiency in the application of a selected range of research methods and tools and seek opportunities for new contracts and increasing project scope by offering additional services to clients. You will Manage proposals, identify potential risks, devise your approach, specify clear acceptance criteria, resourcing and costs and occasionally mentor junior project staff as and when required.
The ideal candidates for this role will be/have:
- Relevant degree in a quantitative subject such as Psychology, Geography or Statistics (or equivalent)
- Membership of the Market Research Society (MRS), Social Research Association (SRA) or other relevant professional body.
- Experience in managing social and/or market research projects
- Experience of social and/or market research in a research agency environment
- Experience managing quantitative and qualitative research projects
- Experience managing people and workloads in a project
- Client-facing experience
- Previous experience in the transport industry (Desirable)
- Previous line management experience (Desirable)
- Project management skills
- Excellent quantitative, analytical and SPSS skills
- Willingness and interest in working on qualitative studies
- Strong communication skills, both written and orally
- Ability to manage a variety of projects simultaneously, at different stages of completion
- Qualitative research skills (Desirable)
- Knowledge of SP design and analysis (Desirable)
- Experience in R. (Desirable)
- Enjoy working as part of a small team
- Ability to build strong relationships to enhance the business relationship
- Ability to listen to staff in the project teams
- Ability to be diplomatic when dealing with clients and project staff
- Ability to be flexible to meet project needs
- Flexibility in working hours will be required to meet the demands of the role
- Ability to travel to client sites and other offices
- Able to undertake occasional overseas assignments where required (Desirable)
This is an outstanding opportunity to join an expanding team and significant player in UK's Engineering and Transportation industry, working with some of the UK's major transport providers.
For a confidential discussion on this role, please contact Darren Johnston on 0161 929 3804, or likewise please submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.