Senior/Principal Transport Planner (Development) - Manchester
Our client, one of the UK's leading and most reputable Consultancies specialising within the Transportation and Infrastructure sector are looking to expand their Transport and Development Planning Team in Manchester due to successful project wins, national company expansion and continuous demand for expert skills and knowledge.
The successful candidate will be given the opportunity to develop the Transport and Development Planning Business and offering in Manchester. This candidate will work alongside the established and growing team in Manchester helping to lead on projects, manage small teams, add expert skills & knowledge, and contribute towards Business Development & Project Bids.
To be based in Manchester, I am looking for a candidate with 7 - 10 years of consultancy experience within the Transport and Development Planning field. The ideal candidate will be/have:
- Degree qualified in a relevant subject i.e. Engineering, Transport Planning (A Masters would be a benefit). Ideally will be Chartered or working towards a Professional Qualification with ICE or CIHT.
- Strong working knowledge of Development Planning, Transport Assessments, Transport Statements, and Travel Plans
- Working experience of Highways and Development pre and post planning support and applications including S39, S106 & S278 Negotiations and Agreements.
- An understanding of Transport and Junction Modelling using ARCADY, PICADY, LinSig and TRANSYT.
- An appreciation of Highway Design and Highways Standards (DMRB & TSRGD) within Development Projects.
- Able to demonstrate experience of Business Development, Client Networking, Proposal Writing, Project Bids and Tenders.
This is an outstanding opportunity to join an expanding team and significant player in UK's Transportation Consultancy market, working on the some of the most renowned UK and international projects, where career progression and development are the company's priority.
For a confidential discussion on this role, please contact John Tittley on 0161 929 3804, or likewise please submit your CV to email@example.com.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.