Senior / Principal Traffic Engineers - Birmingham
My client is a leading UK and International consultancy that arguably has the UK's strongest traffic engineering and local roads team and business. This business has an unrivalled reputation for delivering minor highways, traffic engineering, pedestrianisation, cycling, busway, public realm, junction concept, feasibility and preliminary design for a number of public sector and local authority clients.
As a Senior or Principal Engineer within the Birmingham team you will be a key player within the day to day delivery of key projects and schemes. You will be given responsibility for project management, team leadership, client management and design input/review.
- Take an active role in the preparation detailed design and project delivery of traffic engineering, local transport, urban design/streetscape and local authority/municipal highway schemes.
- Principal grade candidates should have a successful track record in the management and delivery of a portfolio of traffic engineering, local transport, urban design/streetscape and local authority/municipal highway schemes.
- An ability to demonstrate high level of experience and expertise in Preliminary and detailed design including 3D design would be beneficial.
- Take an active role/lead in the preparation of detailed technical reports providing specialist technical contributions as required.
- Ensure technical content and quality of output produced is in line with the project brief.
- Support preparation of detailed client briefs and fee proposals and contribute to major bids.
- Be an active leader of junior staff, taking ownership of the management and delivery of key projects and clients. This would also include financial management and responsibility for projects.
- Develop new and existing client relationships.
- Monitor team skills and ensure they are up to date with current best practice, techniques and innovation.
Specific Skills Required:
- Degree (or equivalent) in Engineering, Geography, Economics, Planning or a related discipline.
- Proven ability of leading single and multi-disciplined projects as Project Manager / Task Leader.
- Experience of dealing directly with Clients, Local Authorities and Key Stakeholders.
- Demonstrable experience in traffic engineering design (including traffic management, cycling, walking, public transport and parking design) at concept, feasibility and preliminary stages.
- Strong and accurate working knowledge and application of the DMRB, Manual for Streets and the Traffic Signs Regulations and Traffic Signs Manuals.
- Experience in traffic/junction modelling including LINSIG, TRANSYT (and VISSIM / Paramics) and Arcady, Picady.
- Understanding of Health and Safety requirements including CDM responsibilities.
- Reasonable geographical flexibility to support project and business requirements.
- Experience in the design of cycle infrastructure in the urban/suburban environment would be beneficial.
- 3D preliminary design experience would be beneficial.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.