Senior Revit MEP Technician - Manchester
Working Hours: Full Time
Type of contract: Permanent
Specialism: Building Services Engineering
Office / Project Location: Manchester
My client is an international engineering consultancy that over the last 40 years has become synonymous for the delivery of creative, value led building and city solutions for an ever changing world, specialising in high-profile Commercial, Residential, Industrial and Sports Stadia projects.
The perfect candidate will join the expanding Building Services team in the Manchester office, strengthening the MEP and Structures delivery capability in the North West and Midlands regions. This is to help continue the growth of a portfolio that has worked on iconic and prestigious projects both nationally and internationally.
In addition to project responsibilities, this role will see you making an integral contribution to the team and wider region's BIM capability, utilising advanced computational design software such as Dynamo to push the boundaries of 3D modelling technology.
For a confidential discussion on this role, please call John Stocker on 0161 929 2287 or submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Drawing/detail production from Engineers sketches and from scratch using architectural drawings and or concepts.
- Take responsibility for drawing issues and daily housekeeping in terms of both digital and hard copy project file storage.
- Responsible for ensuring delivery of drawing work to agreed project programmes, whilst meeting commercial targets.
- Able to develop concept ideas into drawing details.
- Assist in developing systems and procedures to ensure that the CAD system is used effectively.
- Making sure that drawing production follows company standards.
- Checking and approving work of junior team.
- Developing the BIM capability and the appropriate use of emerging modelling technology of the Northern Europe(Manchester, Leeds and Edinburgh) Building Services group.
- Interfacing with and contributing towards region and company wide initiatives with regard to BIM capability and development.
- Significant, relevant industry experience as a Building Services Technician, working on a range of projects.
- Good communication skills, experience in dealing with other employees working as a member in project teams and delivering to external clients.
- Confident, proactive character, ability to take the lead in challenging situations with the confidence to question engineers regarding coordination of details.
- Good computer and IT skills; use of Microsoft Office software essential.
- Willingness to learn new skills and software plus attendance of upgrade training according to industry requirements.
- Able to produce quality diagrams and illustrations for publication of design competitions, aid to conferences and award entries.
- Be a competent user of AutoCAD - 2D essential up to release 2011.
- 3D skills and experience using Revit 2014.
- Mechanical and Electrical project experience.
- Understanding of drawing detailing and coordination of services
- Software development and programming skills and knowledge advantageous
- HNC, HND, or BEng in relevant discipline.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.