This awarding winning multinational contractor has seen its presence across a number of markets here in the UK increase substantially this year. Already in a dominant place they have increased their grip on the market notability in the power and distribution sector. Already regarded as a contractor of choice by their innovative and 'client friendly' approach they are a force to be reckoned with. In order to help the further growth of the business there is now a brand new requirement for an individual to join, the already successful commercial team, in a senior position.
Position: Senior Quantity Surveyor (Power)
Package: Negotiable, Car/Car Allowance, Bonus, Health, Pension
To successfully manage the Power T&D Design & Engineering delivery and change management process with associated progress reporting. There is a requirement to ensure accurate and timely periodic payments and final account agreements with few or no disputes
- Promote and encourage a culture that aligns with and actively supports the client company values.
- Provide commercial management of Engineering deliverables and budgets, subcontractors and suppliers
- Develop and maintain formal delivery agreements to produce proactive and positive relationships with all key stakeholders within the client and across the wider business.
- Understand the importance of corporate governance and ensure consistent measures and standards are applied. Key Responsibilities:
- Develop Professional services agreements associated with engineering deliverables for internal and external customers.
- Commercial management of the Engineering deliverables, change management process and associated progress reporting.
- Oversee contract negotiations (new and existing contracts)
- Setting policies, procedures and processes for the delivery of commercial functional responsibilities on the contracts in conjunction with the management if the end user
- Timely and successful resolution of disputes, claims and final accounts
- Review and enhance time allocation methodologies and time related reporting.
- Produce detailed periodic commercial reports
- Data capture and entry into reporting templates
- Provide detailed information in support of applications for payment
- Prepare detailed change estimates
- Contribute to the provision of information in support of the monthly commercial and financial reporting requirements
- Analysis and preparation of data for inclusion within applications for payment, resource returns, time allocation sheets and the like.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.