Covering London and the South East this regional office of a major UK and International contractor has become the dominant market leader in the civil engineering arena. Covering projects from Highways, Water, Rail and Infrastructure they are leading the way these schemes that range from £5 million to £500 million. With succession management at the fore front of their recruitment drive there is a serious need to increase the already very successful regional commercial team.
Position: Senior Quantity Surveyor
Location: London/South East
Package: Negotiable Salary, Car/Car Allowance, Bonus, Pension
Senior Quantity Surveyor
* Maintain effective communication with contracts managers, project managers, managing / project QS and other associated disciplines.
* Assist in staff matters as requested.
* Manage, supervise and mentor your Team.
* Provide opportunities to junior commercial staff to aid their development under the commercial training programme.
* Provide input to contacts with client's representatives.
* Provide commercial contact with supply chain partners through pre-contract meetings, contract vetting and input to subcontract documents.
* Commercial management of subcontractors including payments preparation, final account work, and inputting into dispute resolution.
* Monitor cost of site resources.
* Produce monthly cost and value reports, quarterly reports and present to senior management.
* Take part in discussions concerning project performance and provide commercial input to project strategy.
* Ensure timely production of appropriate levels of applications for payments in accordance with the provisions of the conditions of contract.
* Provide commercial advice to the site team, and management on all contractual issues.
* Attend and provide input to all site commercial meetings.
* Manage time and workloads for yourself and the commercial team in a structured manner.
* Assist in defining and delivery of commercial training to all site staff.
* Provide input to risk management of projects.
* Carry out other relevant duties as required from time to
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.