Our client is a respected national main contractor who is an established leader in their field. They have developed a reputation of excellence, reliability and consistency with a portfolio of satisfied clients throughout the UK.
They are recruiting for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to join their planned projects division to take commercial lead managing EWI, Kitchen & Bathroom and Window & Doors projects for a social housing client.
This is an opportunity to work with one of the UK's biggest main contractors with an annual turnover of more than £200m. You will report to the Managing Quantity Surveyor and will be provided an assistant. Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Liaising with the customer, customer representatives and other third parties on commercial issues including agreement of variations, claims and any additional payments.
- Interpretation and understanding of tender build up.
- Communication of tender allowances to site teams and buying department, to help compliance with margins / outputs set at tender stage.
- Reporting on short and long term profitability of each contract, including monthly CVR.
- Submission and agreement of variations, valuations and final accounts.
- Procurement and management of sub-contractors and key suppliers.
- The successful Quantity Surveyor will have:
- HND or degree in Quantity Surveying or equivalent.
- A minimum of 5 years previous experience of the construction industry
- Knowledge of all methods of measurement.
- Good contractual background with experience of sub contract and main contract forms.
- Be familiar with ICE/NEC/JCT forms of contract.
- Previous experience of commercial management and procurement of subcontractors, including chairing regular meetings, measurement and control cycle, certificates and accruals calculations.
Benefits: Competitive base salary with Company Car/Car Allowance Company Bonus Scheme 25 days holiday
For more information regarding this role, please contact myself, Lami Ogunbanwo at Meridian Recruitment on 01179 065 803 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.