Are you an experienced Quality Engineer looking to take the next step in your career within a well established firm? Our Tewkesbury based Manufacturing client are looking for a Senior Quality Engineer to join then on a full-time, permanent basis. The successful candidate will report directly to the Quality Manager and coordinate all Quality activities with the relevant parties.
- Identify, resolve, and where needed, escalate deviations or potential product quality risks.
- Works directly with other functions to achieve the required resolution.
- Liaise with customers and suppliers regarding quality concerns and improvement activities.
- To assist in the audits of quality process both internally and at suppliers / customers
- To assist, manage and carry out 5Whys, 8D and other quality processes as part of quality resolution process.
- To report back internally and customers on activities, development and findings.
- To Identify training needs within all quality aspect of the business, and develop plans to give training to fill these needs.
- HNC Mechanical/Production Engineering
- City & Guilds 743 - Quality Control
- IQA Diploma D1-D6 or equivalent in A Modules
- Six Sigma
- Working knowledge of QS9000, ISO9001
- Audit experience
- Knowledge and working application of lean techniques.
- Accurate and on-time recording of data from Customer Complaints
- Can demonstrate investigation & implementation of actions identified by using disciplined problem solving techniques such as Pareto, FMEA etc
- Complete investigation and issue reports/ 8D both internal and external on all issues
- Accuracy & effectiveness of decisions regarding Tool Corrective Action Plan.
- Continuous Improvement Techniques
- Plastic extrusion experience is ideal but not mandatory
- Worked with Digital/Measuring equipment's such as Shadow graph
- Experience of dimensional layout inspection method
- Competent in writing quality procedures and flow charts
- IT proficient
- Experienced with 8D Methodology
If this sounds like a role that could take your career to the next level and would like to hear more, please call the branch on 01242 246 020 and ask for Jade or apply with your CV for immediate consideration.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.