Senior Project Manager - LU Track & Signalling - Central London
Our client, London's transportation network provider, are looking for an experienced Senior Project Manager to join them on a 6 month contract based in Central London working on the 4 Lines Modernisation programme. The 4LM programme will see the District, Metropolitan, Hammersmith & City and Circle lines being upgraded to deliver an increased service of 32 trains per hour by 2022 to help deal with the ever increasing population of Greater London.
This role will see the successful candidate managing the delivery of various, predominantly Track & Signalling works. The works are critical to the success of the 4Lines Modernisation programme in meeting a core objective of 32 trains per hour through track improvement and the implementation of an ATC signalling system. The requirements for the cica £100M works have a number of drivers and implementation will be achieved in a highly matrixed environment.
The main responsibilities within this role will involve managing the relationship with primary partners, actively managing the delivery of design information to 4LM Signal supplier via the interface teams, developing and maintaining the collaboration between delivery partners and other projects within 4LM, ensure compliance with 4LM Governance & Controls and provide suitable integration with partner system, maintaining tight control of change, manage resources in line scope and schedule and promote communication between stakeholders throughout the Capital Projects, Asset renewal and Maintenance teams.
The ideal candidates for this role will be/have:
- Effective communicator across a wide range of target audiences
- Sensitive negotiating skills within a matrix organisation
- Ability to interrogate and challenge data
- Capable of assimilating and distilling complex information
- Knowledge of Pathway or similar project lifecycle methodologies
- Understanding of railway safety and Safety Engineering
- Works planning in a railway environment
- Track and/or Signals technical background
- Experience of leveraging the best from others, working in a small team managing large works, working NEC3 type contract and related tools and delivering works in a multi-stakeholder multi-interface environments
This is an outstanding opportunity to join an exciting major upgrade project on the LU network. For a confidential discussion on this role, please contact Darren Johnston on 0161 929 3804, or likewise please submit your CV to email@example.com.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Business.