Senior PHP / Full Stack Developers - Exeter
We have exciting opportunities for Senior PHP / Full Stack Developers, in Exeter. You will have the opportunity to be a key part of the growth of one of today's faster and more exciting spend management technology companies. As the business expands they need experienced, self-motivated and self-managing Senior Developers to set and maintain standards as the team grows.
You will be working on the next generation of Cloud and mobile Enterprise Procurement Software which is continually enhanced to utilise modern frameworks and standards. You will be working in a senior, tight knit team based in Exeter.
Your working day will be split between:
- Estimating development tasks as a member of the development team
- Writing code and tests as a member of the development team
- Reviewing the other team members' code
- Coordinating the team to integrate their work to deliver successful sprints
- Helping to break-down business-case requirements into development tasks
- The role has the potential for more leadership responsibility in the future
Ideally you have:
- A passion for software development and a pride in the code you craft
- Expert knowledge of modernPHP development with:
- modern MVC frameworks such as Laravel or Symfony (ideally Laravel);
- strong OOP understanding;
- composer experience;
- phpunit and/or phpspec and experience developing testable code;
- an appreciation of PHP-FIG's PSR's especially wrt coding standards.
- AJAX obviously, and any Angular 1.x experience will be particularly beneficial;
- some exposure to server side JS.
- A good understanding of REST and REST API design
- Experience working under pressure in an agile environment (ideally SCRUM)
- Strong git and gitflow experience
- Practical debugging know-how (diagnosing legacy code issues)
- Attention to detail without losing sight of the overall business context
- Ability to confidently and constructively review other team members code without conflict
- Ability to communicate clearly with all levels of stakeholder in the business
Desirable but not essential:
- Range of experience of different development teams and types of team member.
- SCRUM Master experience.
- Atlassian suite experience (JIRA, Bitbucket, Bamboo).
- Linux CLI experience.
- Experience of HATEOAS.
- Docker container experience.
- Stripe API experience.
- Minimum required qualifications:
- Bachelor in Computer Science or related engineering or technical discipline.
- Native English speaker or full professional proficiency at CEF level C1 or above.
To apply, or to find out more information, please click on one of the "apply" buttons
Please note that due to a high level of applications, we can only respond immediately to applicants whose skills & qualifications are suitable for this position.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.