Due to expansion at one of Healthcare clients, Meridian Business Support are looking for an experienced Senior Patient Coordinator to supervise the front of desk team at this new exciting location based in the Wakefield / Ossett area.
This role is a permanent full time contract working 37.5 hrs p/w over a Monday - Saturday rota.
Remuneration £20,000 p/a
Key Requirements of the Post
To manage the daily running of reception at Wakefield; you must be a highly motivated, customer focused and conscientious individual. This will initially be a dual based role between Manchester and Wakefield.
- Involved in the initial set up of Wakefield site, preparing stationary, files etc
- To assist responsibility for the processing of all patients bookings, outpatient registrations and the management and maintenance of the hospital medical record function.
- Effective management of patient co-ordinators
- Ability to delegate tasks in a confident manner
- Work alongside patient relations manager to improve department efficiency and processes
- Ability to objectively feedback on the performance of individual patient co-ordinators
- Assist in recruitment of new members of the team
- To be trustworthy with the management of confidential information
- Confidence in planning daily tasks in line with the daily business activity
- Maintaining standards of presentation and cleanliness for reception and patient waiting areas
- Management of patient files, both active and discharge files ensuring effective organisation
- Confident in introducing new processes to improve and develop the department
- To ensure patient confidentiality at all times in accordance with the Data protection Act
- Management of department team members and rotas
- Attend regular hospital meetings.
- Participate in training new team members into the department
- Participates in the recruitment of reception team members
- Be involved in disciplinary meetings
- Management of the call centre team in the absence of patient relations manager
- Attend Forecast Meetings in the absence of patient relations manager
- Excellent customer service skills and have the ability to deliver patient information in a positive manner and be pro -active with patient queries
- Previous supervisory experience and able to demonstrate both positive and development feedback
- Confident in ability to develop leadership skills
- Be an influential role model for exemplary customer service
- Planning and organisational skills
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft office, outlook, excel and word.
- Excellent time keeping
- Ability to manage own workload.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
Nice To Haves:
- Both Private and NHS healthcare sector experience
- Experience of patient administration systems, PAS and medisoft
- Previous experience in staff training
A DBS is required for this role of which we can assist in the application stage.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Senior Patient Coordinator to join this leading, fast-paced clinic.
For more information or to apply for the role, please contact Meridian on 01924 205010 or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.