Senior or Associate Public Health Engineer - Bath
Working Hours: Full Time
Type of contract: Permanent
Specialism: Building Services Engineering
Closing Date: 26/11/2015
My client, an international engineering consultancy, that over the last 40 years has become synonymous for the delivery of creative, value led building and city solutions for an ever changing world, specialising in high-profile Commercial, Residential, Industrial and Sports Stadia projects.
The right candidate will be joining the Public Health team in the Bath office. This is a fantastic opportunity to help build and shape the Public Health discipline within the Building Services Engineering and Technicians team.
- Lead the Public Health discipline in the Bath office.
- Develop and mentor more junior public health engineers and technicians.
- Undertake detailed engineering design for piped water supply, above and below ground drainage including preparation of layouts, schematics and details.
- Undertake engineering design for fire protection services including preparation of sprinkler layouts, schematics and details.
- Prepare technical schedules and specifications.
- Plan and manage CAD documentation of design work.
- Work closely with and monitor performance of Technician (as appropriate).
- Representation at meetings with clients, other professionals and suppliers.
- Ensure service and project work are carried out within agreed deadlines and within budget.
- Ensure that appropriate service/design decisions are met.
- Coordinating his/her work with other members of the project team.
- Prepare water, drainage and fire protection briefing documentation to enable designs to be outsourced to approve delivery suppliers.
- Review design information from delivery suppliers to ensure compliance with briefing documentation requirements.
- Extensive experience of public health design engineering.
- Ability to accept a high degree of responsibility in a team-based organisation, combined with ability to work independently.
- The applicant will need to have strong interpersonal and organisational skills.
- Experience of AutoCAD and Excel (a detailed understanding including the use of macros).
- Ability to propose multiple solutions to Clients and objectively summarise the benefits and shortfalls of each.
- Ideally, the candidate will also have some experience of working on a variety of challenging domestic and overseas projects.
- Experience of Revit is highly advantageous.
- Chartered Engineer or Professional Engineer or equivalent.
- Bachelors Degree (BEng) / BSc or Masters Degree (MEng) / MSc that meets the engineering academic requirements for chartership.
For a confidential discussion on this role, please call John Stocker on 0161 929 2287 or submit your CV to email@example.com.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.