Senior Mechanical Development Engineer
Our Client is seeking a Senior Mechanical Development Engineer to conceptualise, design, and develop new thermal energy solutions within industrial process environments.
The main duties of the role will be:
- To design and develop portable thermal energy solutions which can be installed into industrial process environments such as Food & Beverage facilities, Hospitals, Heat & Ventilation systems and refineries
- Work with product managers and market development managers to dimension opportunities for thermal energy solutions within industrial steam using processes and explore technical feasibility.
- Develop solution concepts into system designs and co-ordinate manufacture, installation, and commissioning. Pro-actively own allocated projects throughout their life cycle and manage delivery through a stage gate process
- Provide thermodynamic analysis of systems, provide specification of and design input into bespoke heat exchange systems.
- The ability to understand the space limitations and work with other disciplines in laying out the process systems to ensure that the customer's expectations are delivered; while ensuring operational and construction practicality.
- To liaise with the Discipline Engineers, Project Managers, Project Engineers, Production and QA/QC departments to ensure that problem areas in design and solved to avoid delays.
- To establish and maintain contract files and drawing/documents records for all projects.
- To ensure that all Design Department activities are carried out in accordance with procedures and that design stands in document preparation and presentation are maintained and updated.
Robust understanding of heat recovery, heat exchanger technologies and thermodynamic analysis.
Ability to produce and supervise the production of engineering drawings and models using relevant CAD tools.
Knowledge of design and development of industrial process equipment
Experienced in new product/system development, specifically within the field of industrial process/fluid handling equipment
Knowledge and experience of industrial steam systems
Knowledge of skids, piping and structural steel.
Relevant BEng/MEng engineering degree
Member of an appropriate professional body
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.