We are currently seeking a Senior Highways Design Engineer the successful candidate will take a significant role in the delivery of highways projects and development of companywide highway engineering capabilities. The person will work alongside the group directors and highway specialists based in Birmingham to deliver a variety of highways sector works including major UK trunk road improvements, new bypass and link road schemes, access roads to developments and re-alignments associated with bridge replacements and the like.
In addition to sound technical skills, including a broad working knowledge of the UK's DMRB and Manual for Streets, the candidate must possess good communication and interpersonal skills. The candidate will be required to be client facing with good team leadership skills.
Minimum Academic Qualifications:
- You will hold a Degree in Civil Engineering
- Good Maths and Physics A-level or equivalent
- Proven experience in project work on highways and infrastructure projects
- Drainage design experience gained with highways and major infrastructure schemes
- Application of DMRB standards for drainage design
- MicroDrainage, AutoCAD and Civils3D experience including integration with BIM models
- Undertaking the role of Project Manager
- Preparing fee budgets, proposals and resource requirements for projects under your control
- Undertake hydraulic design and modelling as instructed by the Principal Engineer
- Preparation and amendments to design drawings, calculations and design reports
- Undertake CAD work and delivery of design drawings
- Undertake 3D modelling work and delivery of design models including BIM models
- Working in collaboration with other design disciplines to ensure the integrity of the overall design
- Contributing to the resolution of technical issues on projects
- Reviewing own work to ensure accuracy and confirming to the required quality
- Assistance in striving continuous technical improvement of the design team
- Preparing and registering all relevant documentation and ensuring that all documentation is accurate
Call Neesha Kanani on 07717 856 380 to discuss further or apply by submitting your Resume.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.