At Meridian Health we are currently looking to recruit a Senior Healthcare Practitioner to work for our client an award winning and industry leader in Disability Assessment & Personal Functional Assessment Services.
As a Senior Healthcare Practitioner you will be conducting personal and independent functional assessments on claimants and creating a report on their functional capabilities therefore previous experience working with DWP and conducting assessments for Personal Independence Payments or Employment Support Allowance is an essential.
On a daily basis you will line manage an experienced team of clinicians at the centre and oversee the day to day clinical running of the sites. You will assist in providing day to day feedback and support to clinicians in the assessment and audit process. Over time you will become part of the Personal Functional Assessors Training Team providing training for new starters and refresher training to existing employees. You will analyse all available information and medical evidence to produce a report in a professional and concise manner and support and train Assessors in this process.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks:
- To be responsible for the daily management and co-ordination of personal functional assessor provision within a specific centre.
- To be deliver assessments through direct slot provision or the overbooking process.
- To be responsible for an effective staff induction for new staff members working within the centre.
- Ensure timely distribution of audits to and assist with providing individual feedback and support.
- To carryout in-depth functional assessments for Claimants with a physical, cognitive, sensory or mental health impairment.
- To analyse and interpret clinical information and medical evidence and provide a comprehensive report in a professional and concise manner enabling decision making.
- To ensure the centre is maintained to the highest clinical standards
- To take initiative and responsibility in maintaining your professional development in order to continue to deliver the most appropriate interventions at all times
- To liaise, as regularly as is needed, with your Line Manager and in certain situations with other staff and departments.
- To prioritise work tasks, and time manage to ensure that all tasks are completed accurately and within set timescales
- To take initiative and responsibility within your site and actively contribute to the overall effectiveness of the clinical service
- Approved Personal Independence Payments or Employment Support Allowance assessor - with a minimum 12 months experience.
- Qualified Physiotherapist/Occupational Therapist/Paramedic/RGN or RMN
- Current and up to date registration with HCPC/NMC
- Member of the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy/ College of Occupational Therapists or equivalent.
- Evidence of continuing professional development.
- Previous experience in using computer software including Microsoft Office
- Over a year's experience of conducting high quality personal functional assessments
- Minimum 3 years post graduate experience
- Excellent organisational & time management skills
- Ability to work effectively within a team
In return you will be offered the following:
- Starting Salary of £38,000 per annum
- Bonus scheme worth up to £250 per week
- Company pension scheme
- Free Physiotherapy care
- Up to £400 per year CPD contribution funding for external courses
- 20 days Annual Leave plus bank holidays
- Refer a friend scheme
- Monday to Friday, office-type hours
- Ongoing training and support
If you would like to be considered for this position apply below or email your CV to email@example.com
Alternatively call Rebekah on 0151 556 2090 to discuss further.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.