We are currently recruiting on behalf of our client, for a Senior Group Data Modeller/Statistician based in Cardiff.
The successful candidate would be required to take a role in data modelling and ad-hoc statistical analysis responsibilities. The primary responsibility would be to use statistical modelling techniques to help build various predictive scorecard models, both internally and externally. Other responsibilities will include mentoring a small team, providing ad-hoc analysis, customer visits and support, and presenting conclusions to management.
- To carry out statistical analysis on large volumes of data.
- To mentor and assist the Data Modelling Team.
- To present findings to management.
- To work closely with other departments.
- To work as part of a larger data analyst team helping out with various projects.
- To assist in any project work that involves the statistical analysis of data.
- Travel overseas (occasional short visits e.g. Mon to Fri) to support branches or customers in various projects.
- Knowledge/ background/ experience in carry out modelling techniques (e.g. Logistic Regression/Decision Trees etc.). Minimum 2 to 3 years of working experience
- Computer literate with experience of using statistical software such as SAS or the use of Open Source technology such as 'R'.
- Experience of using and understanding SQL (essential).
- Post-graduate education preferable in a relevant subject such as Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Financial Engineering etc.; but not a requirement, should past experience be both extensive and relevant.
- Knowledge of the Credit Risk Scoring (essential).
- Analytical minded, problem solving abilities and the ability to work under your own initiative.
- The ability to perform under pressure and meet agreed deadlines.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.