Senior Estimator - Commercial Fit-outs/Refurbishments - Manchester
Our client is an international company specialising in the construction of high value working environments for global brands, primarily focused on constructing quality interior space to the fit out and refurbishment market and clean-room/controlled environments to research and manufacturing facilities. They have worked on some very large projects on behalf of the likes of Next, Tommy Hilfiger, banking groups, etc and due to expansion and recent contract wins, they are currently looking for a Senior Estimator to join their established Manchester office on a permanent basis.
The successful candidates will need to have a strong background working on large commercial Cat A & B fit outs/refurbishments to be considered for the role.
The main duties will involve managing the tendering function ensuring the integration of all disciplines involved in the process to maximise any benefit in producing a tender bid, providing tender cost for construction projects for adjudication ensuring a competitive net bid and supervising and coaching less experienced estimators to assist in their career development.
Key accountabilities will involve co-ordination of tender bids & pre-contract activities, preparation of sound and competitive net estimates, handover and presentation of tender bids to construction teams, management and co-ordination of estimating and developing key relationships with supply chain & customers.
The ideal candidates for this role will be/have:
- Cat A & B fit out experience gained from working on large commercial projects - ESSENTIAL!!
- Good knowledge of MS Excel and Project
- Experience in design, forecasting and reporting, cost control, cost risk management, advising on procurement options, procurement documentation preparation, contract administration and contract documentation.
- Knowledge and use of ISEC
- Understanding of Local Subcontract Market and Pricing Levels
- Good general commercial awareness
- Use of computerised measurement packages
- Willing to travel to various site locations
- Full Driving Licence
This is an outstanding opportunity to join an expanding team and significant player in UK's Commercial fit out and refurbishment market, working on large projects for major clients.
For a confidential discussion on this role, please contact Darren Johnston on 0161 929 3804, or likewise please submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.