This highly respected national contractor has always maintained a dominant position in the London and the South East. Working across the sectors of Construction, Engineering, Infrastructure and Rail they are always striving to develop and improve relationships within their client base. Having successfully completed a number of high profile schemes they have now been awarded large number of projects which has fulfilled their order book well into 2017. As a result of this success there is a serious need to expand the already successful commercial team.
Position: Senior Estimator
Package: Salary Negotiable, Car/Car Allowance, Pension, Bonus, Health
- Industrial, Rail, Commercial, Infrastructure & Airport Sectors
- Project values ranging from £50k > £5M
- Review tender documents and drawings.
- Be familiar with standard methods of measurement and industry working practices.
- Compile enquiries and obtain quotations for materials and sub-contract packages.
- Responsible for preparing, managing and taking accountability for the development of cost estimates.
- Amtech, Contract Master estimating Software - Training can be provided if needed
- Experience with Microsoft Excel, Word & Project.
- Carefully vet all tenders to ensure that they comply with the clients requirements.
- Create detailed cost risk analysis and work breakdown analysis to ensure production of high quality cost estimate.
- Arrange and attend site visits and liaise with our operations department.
- Ensure that tender documents are kept in a safe place and secure manner.
- Formally issue completed tenders monitoring its status.
- Identify and prepare risks and opportunities register.
- Contribute to internal mid-tender and tendering review meetings.
- Prepare and handover secured tenders to the operations team.
- Maintain and build relationships with clients and suppliers
- Conform to internal procedures, processes and reporting requirement's
- Experience of Electrical, Mechanical, Communication's, Fire & HV Systems
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.