Are you an experienced Electrical Engineer, who would relish the opportunity to be viewed as the Electrical Engineering Expert within the Reading site of an innovative, industry leading business. Do you enjoy mentoring and supporting others to develop and reach their full potential?
If so, we are seeking a candidate like you to take up the position of Senior Electrical Engineer within a Global firm, focused on cutting-edge technology, high quality performance and exceeding expectation.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a company who operate an internal culture of empowerment and respect, rewarding and recognising their employees and ensuring they feel valued and experience job satisfaction AND a fulfilling work/life balance.
The successful candidate will have a strong background in Electrical Engineering alongside a relevant qualification, excellent communication skills and a collaborative, team-orientated approach. In addition you will enjoy the opportunity to work for a business who are focused on their customer and design and manufacture complex mechanical products that are often bespoke and high profile.
Experience within Aerospace or defence or with transmission lines would be ideal, but is not essential as long as you have a strong Electrical bias and the desire and ability to assimilate and retain information efficiently.
You'll be the our electrical engineering expert and the business will look to you to mentor and support the Design Engineering function with the development and manufacture of components. To do this you will develop and create product qualification and test specifications, maintain electrical test processes and procedures ensuring they are working to the latest standards and methodologies.
You will ensure technical compliance, verification and validation acceptance for products and work directly with customers to get a thorough understanding of their test requirements.
- A Degree (or equivalent) in a relevant subject which could include Electronics, Physics, Engineering or similar
- Familiar with using equipment in electrical testing such as Milliohm meter, Hi Pot testers, Oscilloscopes, VNA, TDR, etc.
- Knowledge of environmental and climatic test conditions an advantage.
- EMC/EMI knowledge an advantage
- IPC Standards, J-STD an advantage
- Data standards e.g. Ethernet, CanBUS, Hotlink, RS422
- Experience with programming test or automation equipment would be beneficial.
- Must have strong Microsoft Word and Excel skills
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.