This innovative medical device company focuses on the research and development, manufacturing and commercialisation of a ground breaking device for the management of diabetes. They're currently seeking a Senior Design Engineer to join their talented, growing team in Utrecht, The Netherlands. You will be responsible for the design and development of new medical devices focused on diabetes care. You will have the opportunity to make a significant impact within a small, motivated team.
- Design and development of innovative medical devices from concept to manufacturing.
- Prototyping, testing and reporting throughout the development life cycle.
- Process development and optimisation of new manufacturing methods and techniques.
- Write procedures and be able to give instructions to production for new products or assemblies.
- Taking some management responsibility for work undertaken by Technicians.
- Communicating clearly and efficiently with management, peers and vendors.
- Keeping current with relevant scientific and technical developments.
- A HNC/ HND/ Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- A proven track record in an applicable product development role
- Knowledge of the manufacture of small parts and injection moulding desirable
- SolidWorks experience/proficiency or willingness to learn
- Mechanical-electrical engineering experience is highly preferred
- A high level of self-motivation and drive
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English. Dutch language is not required
- Previous experience within the medical device industry is highly desirable but not essential
- Competitive relocation package and assistance (you will need to be eligible to work in Europe)
- 32 days holiday per year (pro rata) + 5 optional purchase days
- A healthy work life balance with flexible hours - 40 hours per week to be worked anytime between 7AM-7PM Monday to Friday
- Contribution towards commuting costs
Working Hours: 40 hours per week, flexitime available.
To apply, or to find out more information, please click on one of the "apply" buttons
Please note that due to a high level of applications, we can only respond immediately to applicants whose skills & qualifications are suitable for this position.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.