Senior Design Engineer Required
Up to £30,000
- Lead and mentor a team of design engineers, utilising abilities to the best effect, and enhancing capabilities.
- Produce schematic designs for approval by client (or company for in house use), on CAD, or similar relevant 3D packages e.g. Solidworks.
- Ensure full supporting documentation is produced enabling efficient manufacture, whilst satisfying clients' requirements.
- Liaise with clients and suppliers, to persue the most effective performance and economics of design.
- Maintain good client relationship through the design process and beyond, by providing excellent technical support.
- Ensure that the company and designs produced are kept up to date in terms of current legislation with regards to electrical practices, relevant standards and safety guidance documentation.
- Be proficient in the use of PLC's, HMI's, VSD and other intelligent control products and designs.
- Maintain and assist in improving Company procedures where possible, including suggesting areas of training and/or improvement in working methods.
ANY OTHER DUTIES NECESSARY:
- Be flexible to the requirements of the business.
- Observe and maintain the Company's Health & Safety Policy and Procedures.
- Undertake any other duties that may be required from time to time, including site visits.
- BTEC/HNC/Degree Electrical Engineering
Or equivalent qualifications
- Experience of working in a similar role leading a team
- Panel design, assembly and wiring experience
- Knowledge of the industry and other related disciplines
- Familiar with HMI, VSD and soft start technology
- Broad base of legislative compliance knowledge
- Experience of Scada, network and telemetry principles, and system design
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
- Ability to work flexibly
- Team player
- Strong prioritisation skills and ability to manage own workload
- Motivation and leadership skills for leading a team
- Prepared to learn new skills
- Can do attitude
- Ability to mentor a team of people to get the best out of them
Forward thinking proactive individual
Please call Clare or Pauline on 01782272400 or send CV to email@example.com
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.