We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior CAD Technician (Civil & Railway Engineering) working on inspiring and complex projects across the UK, and providing technical support to consulting engineers across the business. Workload is divided between the design of permanent works, the development of temporary works and construction methodology together with design of any specialist equipment necessary to build the structure.
The successful candidate will be expected to take the BIM/CAD lead on projects, work with nominal supervision, and will be expected to liaise with other internal and external design team members on a proactive basis to resolve problems.
- Preparation of preliminary sketches, general arrangement drawings, detail drawings, reinforcement drawings and schedules under the direction of an Engineer
- Using Revit (latest version), AutoCAD (latest version), AutoCAD Civil 3D (latest version) to produce 2D drawings and 3D models for tender and construction
- Coordinate with Project BIM lead and produce detailed 3D models required for a project delivery for Bridges and Structures projects
- Produce Navisworks models and assist in the overall coordination of other discipline models using Navisworks
Experience / Qualifications:
- Conversant with the latest AutoCAD packages
- Confident in the ability to produce 3D models in AutoCAD Microstation V8 or later, AECOsim, ProjectWise or Navigator
- Confident in the ability to produce Revit models
- Confident in the ability to produce Navisworks model
- Competent in the detailing of reinforced concrete and structural steel
- HNC/HND in Structural/Civil Engineering, or equivalent, although other related disciplines will be considered
- Knowledge and experience of highway and railway bridges and will have delivered numerous projects of different forms at various stages of design development from options phase to detailed design
Please call Neesha Kanani on 07717 856 380 to discuss further or apply by sending your Resume.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.