Are you a Buyer? Exposure to manufacturing environments? Experienced in Competitive Purchasing and Tendering? Member of CIPS or SIM?
Then we may have the perfect new role for you.
Our award-winning Cheltenham client are seeking a Senior Buyer to join their team on a full-time, permanent basis. The company offer a competitive salary alongside a fantastic benefits package.
- Negotiate consistent and competitive prices with approved suppliers
- Negotiate T&Cs of Purchase with key suppliers
- Develop and implement effective sourcing strategies
- Instigate, support, advise and develop procurement tools and applications.
- Liaise with other group supply companies to take a holistic category management approach to spend categories, being responsible for suppliers used, supplier rationalisation, price, delivery performance, quality and responsiveness and manage business risk to supply and cost.
- Developing supplier base and partnerships
- Lead negotiation activity to drive and realise continuous improvement
- Alignment of supplier agreements with business performance and cost objectives
- Provide purchasing support for NPI, Product engineering and other company initiatives managing cost and risk
- Working with accounts department to ensure payment to agreed terms
- Demonstrable level of Purchasing experience working in a similar role
- Microsoft Office Capability (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Word)
- Working knowledge of ERP systems
- Global purchasing including HMRC customs import requirements
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes and inspection methods
- Lead negotiation activities to drive continuous performance improvement
Qualifications and Skills:
- Degree or equivalent in Procurement, Engineering or Business
- Be a member of recognised procurement institute such as CIPS or SIM and either hold or be working towards professional qualification
- Assessment, development and management of suppliers
- Competitive Purchasing / tendering
- Legal aspects, contract drafting and contract management
- Good interpersonal and communications skills including report writing and presentation
If you are interested in being considered for this role please apply online for immediate consideration or email your CV to email@example.com
Please note that due to the large number of applications we receive we cannot always come back with a response so if you have not heard from us within 7 days please assume your application has not been successful on this occasion.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.