On behalf of our Gloucestershire based client we are seeking a professional and experienced Senior Buyer with a commercial acumen. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring high quality and cost- effective delivery of a range of direct materials and services from a variety of sources. This is an excellent chance to develop your Buying career and join a successful company on a permanent basis.
- Responsible for the selection of suppliers
- Negotiating and managing supplier contracts that meet the cost and quality of the delivery requirements
- Responsible for Purchase order replacements, expediting and supplier performance reviews
- On-going participation of in the development of the supplier base
- Ensuring that purchase support systems are used and updated on a timely basis
- Be prepared to take the lead role for Purchasing as required by the business
- Ensuring that suppliers products and services as intended by working closely with quality.
- To work closely with the Engineering team to achieve the introduction of engineering improvements and technology developments.
- Familiar in using MRP/ ERP systems and Microsoft Office tools
- Previous experience of working in the manufacturing business and sourcing of vehicle components
- Ability to analyse data and make informed decisions
- Previous experience of Low Cost Country Sourcing
- Ability to read engineering drawings
- Effective communication skills with a professional yet approachable nature
- Ability to work well under pressure with excellent organisational skills
- Must be degree or CIPS qualified
If this role is of interest to you and you feel you possess the skills and ability necessary to succeed please apply with your CV for immediate consideration.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.