Section Manager / Senior Engineer
Location: St Dennis, Cornwall
Section: Concrete and External Works
Required: November 2015 (23/11/15)
Type: Contract 6 Months
My client, a multi-national consultancy are looking for a Section Manager/Senior Engineer to be a part of the design and build of an energy from waste facility in Central Cornwall on a 6 month contract.
The right candidate will hold a relevant CSCS card and SMSTS. Have experience in concrete, drainage and groundworks. Previous experience working on large energy or process construction project and working on a joint venture project is desirable, but not essential.
Summary of Role:
- Responsible and accountable for the above section of works.
- Maximise efficiency and ensure the section exceeds all client expectations.
- Responsible for the resourcing, development and leadership of the team delivery and communications, section objectives and constraints and compliance with health, safety and environmental legislation.
- To assist in delivering the project on time, within budget and to the agreed quality.
- Have a working understanding of commercial and contractual procedures.
Main role and responsibilities of the role include:
- Understand and interpret the drawings and specifications.
- Provide engineering expertise and support to the project team.
- Short term programming of the works, updating and monitoring the rolling programme and reporting on progress to the Project Manager.
- Manage the quality requirements of the section of works in line with the Project Quality Plan and ensuring the recording and testing of workmanship and materials, i.e., drainage, concrete etc.
- Provides engineering support to ensure technical problems are overcome and technical queries are answered.
- Responsible for managing site and setting out engineers, ensuring works are constructed in line with latest drawings and specifications and within allowable tolerances.
- Line management, mentoring and support of Assistant/Site Engineers and Technicians.
- Assist in the preparation of sketches for distribution on site, ensuring clear communication channels are in place for effective understanding.
- To be aware of the provisions of the Health and Environmental Management System and to assist in its implementation to ensure a safe working environment.
Technical experience, skills and attributes needed:
- HNC/HND/BSc/BEng in Civil Engineering (or equivalent)
- SMSTS (5 day course)
- Relevant CSCS card
- Experience in concrete, drainage and groundworks essential
- Previous experience of working on a large energy or process construction project desirable
- Previous experience of working on a JV project desirable
- Qualified First Aider preferable
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Good management skills, with the ability to motivate self and colleagues to perform
- Good planning and time management skills; able to manage activities simultaneously within compromising on standards and quality
- Ability to ensure standards and specifications are met
- Ability to work with colleagues to contribute to project and operational performance
- Sound knowledge of construction practises and standards
For a confidential discussion on this role, please contact John Stocker on 0161 929 2287 or please submit your CV to email@example.com.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Business.