Regarded as being one of the giants of the civil engineering industry, this market leading contractor has been at the forefront of major project delivery though out the United Kingdom. They have always had a dominant presence in East Anglia. With the successful delivery of a number of high profile schemes they have now been awarded a major multimillion project. The project itself takes all aspects of the civil engineering spectrum from water, highways, roads, and rail and will provide a technical challenge like no other project. As a result they are now offering a number of exciting opportunities to all levels of engineers.
Position: Section Engineer
Package: Negotiable Salary, Car/Car Allowance, Bonus, Pension
As a Section Engineer, your duties will include:
- Interpret drawings and set out on site. Full understanding of reinforcement drawings and bending schedules.
- Liaise with sub contractors and clearly explain operational and commercial matters affecting them
- Full understanding of site temporary works procedures
- Control of sub contractors with respect to quality and interpretation of information
- Understand and interpret project specifications such that these are met fully by the sub contractor. Able to fully liaise with design engineers and raise technical queries
- Ability to control sub contractors and control of a range of specialist site activity including temporary work, supply of major materials.
- Capable of interpreting drawings and using knowledge to set out buildings, earth works and drainage.
- Able to use all types of surveying instruments and to be able to establish primary and secondary setting out controls.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.