Secretary - Legal Profession
Hereford £17,000 circa per annum
Can you empathise with people in sometimes difficult circumstances, have the life experience or outlook to assist people, we will develop you in a permanent job position to work with the Fee Earner and provide a secretarial service where you have the opportunity of investment in you, to be part of the succession planning for a successful Solicitors Practice in Hereford.
Below you will some of the duties that will form part of your working day, importance will be placed on you to work in a supportive team.
Accurate and professional production from audio or copy typing of all legal correspondence and documentation
- Process legal documentation which may include collating and indexing court papers into bundles, processing land registry applications, engrossing documents, copying, scheduling and indexing of deeds and documents, copying and colouring up plans, arranging sealing of documents and proofreading
- Draft routine letters and documents under the direction of the fee earner
- Ensure all files are kept in order and are available at all times, originating new files and closing files as directed by the fee earner
- File and store, electronically and on file, all correspondence and documentation
- Cost files and draw up billing sheets
Maintain the fee earner's diary, chase progress of matters, assess urgency and priority of matters during the fee earner's absence and operate a system for bringing forward files where action is required.
- Screen incoming communications ensuring items requiring attention are dealt with and accurate record and pass on all relevant information received by way of e-mail, notice or memo
- Make telephone calls to other parties on behalf of the fee earner in order to progress matters as necessary
- Deal with visitors to the office when the fee earner is not available
- Obtain documents and information required from the internet and other sources
- Originate cheque requisitions for payments and ensuring that these are passed to the cashier for processing
- Ensure that details of training courses and conferences attended by the fee earner, together with details of training provided by her or him are communicated to the CPD records keeper
- Assist other secretaries with workloads when necessary
- Identify own training needs and attend appropriate training courses, where approved
- Make a positive contribution to the development and improvement of the practice and carry out any additional tasks that may be required for that purpose
- Fast, accurate and professional production of all legal correspondence and documents
- Ensure that client files and records are kept up to date
- Operate an effective bring-forward system to monitor and ensure progress on file
- Liaise with clients, members of the public, barristers and other external organisations, both on the telephone and face to face
- Maintain director's/fee earner's diary
- Ensure that key dates in the fee earner's casework are accurately diarised
- Ensure the confidentiality of the firm's and clients' documents and information
Please send your CV to Mark Jones, Senior Recruitment Consultant, contact number 0143226226,6 available also out of hours on 07411446958.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.