Secondary Supply Teachers
Are you a qualified teacher who is looking for flexible employment working in secondary schools in Tyne & Wear?
You can expect to be paid between £100 - £130 per day.
Are you currently working part time in a teaching role and are interested in supplementing your salary by working within a dynamic and enthusiastic team?
If you can answer yes to each of these questions then continue reading below!
I am currently seeking to work with teachers who are available 2/3 days per week to cover across key stage 3 and 4. Subject specialisms are not necessarily important for this role as you will be covering across all subjects and specialisms on a day to day basis. General cover teachers should be equipped to manage the learning of KS3 & KS4 students from a variety of backgrounds with different ability levels.
Your role will be to:
- Teach classes of 11-16 years old in the absence of their usual class teacher;
- Manage behaviour in line with differing school policies;
- Deliver lessons from a range of subjects across the national curriculum;
- Leave completed work and observation notes for the class teacher.
- Have experience and a genuine passion for working within the secondary school sector;
- Be able to communicate effectively with students and staff;
- Be organised, calm in a crisis and able to think on your feet;
- Be flexible, punctual, professional and approachable.
You will have a minimum of 3 months of experience of working within a classroom environment and have a PCGE (secondary or further education)
We are happy for people to apply that have a qualification at degree level or higher but you will need to have at least 6 months teaching experience to qualify as an Instructor.
Meridian Education works with a diverse portfolio of schools within Newcastle, Gateshead, & Sunderland ranging in size, catchment, religious background and ethos. The schools we work with generally require temporary and long-term support from enthusiastic and professional teachers, support staff and cover supervisors. We understand that every school and child is different so we carefully match our staff with the schools and children in which they work best.
If you are interested in this position please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Business.