We are currently recruiting for a Year Leader to work with one of the local secondary schools within the Taunton area, this position will be working with students, form tutors and parents to promote positive and good behaviour along with the development of the children and enhancing internal communications.
Key Purpose of Role:
- To ensure all students, make outstanding progress.
- To promote outstanding personal and social development.
- To lead a dedicated team of tutors in ensuring students are ready for learning.
- To raise student aspiration and ensure excellent behaviour for learning across the academy.
- To ensure the welfare needs of all student are met with respect to Child Protection.
- To ensure high levels of attendance are achieved.
- To ensure clear and supportive lines of communication are developed between the school and home.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Working within the Year Leader Team, monitoring and promoting each student's personal and social development and, specifically, through devising appropriate procedures and practices, including tracking assessments.
- Maximising each student's learning and progress by creating a well-ordered environment based on high expectations of behaviour.
- Promoting a positive ethos within the school which sets high standards and enhances each student's self-esteem, fosters good relationships between students and between students and staff, leading to cohesion and a positive team spirit.
- Communicating clearly, effectively and promptly with parents and keeping them fully informed of their child's progress, and thus promoting a well-informed, positive and co-operative partnership between the home and the school and logging accordingly.
- Liaising with the Senior Leadership Team to support the organisation of learning conversations as part of tutor sessions and academic mentoring where appropriate.
- Analysing attendance data and accordingly, addressing issues in order to improve student attendance.
- Organising a programme of assemblies that promote academy aims and policies.
- Overseeing effective and efficient records of students enabling monitoring of student progress.
- Overseeing the effective and efficient records of student's achievements, including co-ordinating Celebration Assemblies and supporting the reward system.
- Ensure effective induction of new students and the supportive transfer of students leaving the academy.
- Leading on safeguarding and Child Protection concerns within the year group.
Previous teaching or education experience is required along with a proactive and positive attitude to working with children; candidates will need proven experience in dealing with conflict resolution and multi-tasking. Excellent communication and IT based skills are essential along with a calm approach to dealing with difficult situations.
This is a full time position working 8am - 4pm Monday to Friday, term times only (including 5 training days annually). Salary is £23,500 per annum.
Please call 01823 334799 and ask for Caroline or send your CV to Taunton@meridianbs.co.uk
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.