River Infrastructure Engineer - Central London
Our client is currently seeking an experienced River Infrastructure Engineer with experience of technical and strategic management of river assets, primarily piers but some bridges and river walls may also be included in the responsibilities of the role.
The successful candidate will have proven experience of managing marine structures in a public facing environment and be able to demonstrate the ability to manage and communicate with a number of different stake holders. The incumbent will be in charge of managing and maintaining the river structures on the River Thames in London, the role will ensure that ever increasing demand on the assets are managed and accommodated, ensuring the commercial opportunities are explored wherever possible and the planned enhancements to them are beneficial to the customer experience, ensuring their ongoing asset function.
The key accountabilities for the role will involve:
- Informing and implementing a pier specific prioritisation process, reviewing asset condition and make recommendations to advise on future river asset investment requirements to ensure they stay safe and operational.
- Develop and keep under review a five year forward programme, working within the pan AMD value for money framework and agree annual plan of works.
- Undertaking sponsorship role for passenger and infrastructure improvement schemes (reporting to the Senior Client Manager Structures) as identified within the Mayor's River Action Plan to ensure that projects achieve project requirements.
- Provide project management on all schemes, ensuring schemes are completed to time, budget and cost, making regular reports to Senior Managers.
- Provide Professional Marine Engineering advice on all relevant aspects of river assets where necessary to inform Technical Approval and for operational purposes.
- Understanding the need for and facilitate the exploration of commercial opportunities on all river assets and liaise with and manage the service level relationship with London River Services.
- Liaise with and manage the contractual relationships associated with river assets in conjunction with the M&E resource dedicated to river assets
The ideal candidates for this role will be/have:
- Experienced Marine Engineer qualified to degree standard with relevant experience of inspecting/maintaining/improving public facing marine assets
- Good Project Management and budgetary control skills complimented by a sound knowledge of marine based health & safety requirements
- Some commercial knowledge will be advantageous to allow this aspect of the river piers to be further unlocked
- Able to build and maintain working relationships (both internal to the client and externally)
- Experience of Project Management of supply chain
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strategic vision to better understand and manage the river piers growth.
- Self motivated and able to work with little supervision but also a good team player
For a confidential discussion on this role, please contact Darren Johnston on 0161 929 3804, or likewise please submit your CV to email@example.com.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Business.