Are you an approachable and pro-active retail professional looking for a new opportunity within a rapidly expanding company? Do you have a flare for style and design and enjoy providing advice, ensuring the customer experience is of the highest standard? If so you may be just the candidate that my Cheltenham based client are looking for to fill their Showroom Assistant role on a full-time, permanent basis.
This is an urgent requirement and the ideal candidate will be available immediately or with a short notice period
- To build and maintain an excellent knowledge of the company's product base, promotions, policies and security practices.
- Greet customers and utilise effective questioning techniques ascertain their wants or needs, providing high levels of customer service in a professional and friendly manner
- Based upon these, use product knowledge to recommend, select, and help locate or obtain merchandise
- Describe the range of products and explain the use, operation, and care of them to customers.
- Complete sales efficiently, accurately handling transactions, providing the necessary paperwork and maintaining accurate records
- Arrange and display merchandise
- Take delivery of stock and maintain Inventory
- Any other ad-hoc duties as reasonably requested
- Recent experience in a Showroom/Retail environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build rapport, understand a design concept/project and advise confidently
- Ability to develop a solid knowledge of a varied product base, maintain this and advise accurately
- Good levels of literacy & numeracy
- I.T literate
- Willing and able to help with deliveries and stock takes - lifting and moving boxes as appropriate
- Team player - flexible approach to workload
- Reliable and able to work on own initiative
- Positive, enthusiastic & professional nature
Hours of work are 8.30am - 6pm, 5 days per week on a rota basis, covering 7 days.
If you would like to hear more then please contact the branch on 01242 246 020 or apply online with your CV for immediate consideration.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.