I am looking for an experienced Operations Manager, with experience in utilities to join the Drinking Water Services team of a large organisation in Exeter.
You will be responsible for the day to day operations of water resources. Ensuring the provision of a safe, reliable and high quality supply of drinking water to customers. To be considered for this role you must be degree educated with management experience gained in the utilities industry, preferably water. You will have proven leadership ability and excellent communication and analytical skills.
CORE DUTIES & KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Member of the Operations Senior Management Team reporting to the Operations Director - Resources and Production.
- Management of all aspects of the Drinking Water resources and treatment operations including relevant budgetary, company, regulatory and customer service standards.
- Management of the area electrical and mechanical maintenance workbasket
- Delivery of operational (first line) maintenance programme
- Deputising for the Operations Director - Resources and Production as required at Senior Management Level and with Stakeholders, Regulatory Authorities, Customers and Industry Bodies.
- To provide drinking water at customer's taps to DWI, Regulatory and OFWAT Standards at all times within a defined geographical area.
- To support the development of a Wholesale Drinking Water Business Plan that meets all Operational Business Objectives and Targets in conjunction with the Company's vision of delivering Pure Water, Pure Service and Pure Environment.
- Management of team employee relations, personnel issues and leading workforce consultation and change initiatives.
- Supporting the delivery of a Training and Development Plan for Drinking Water personnel in line with the Company's Management Development Framework and functional initiatives.
- Delivery of the Wholesale Drinking Water Business Plan within area.
- Supporting the preparation of totex budgets for the function, delivery of totex budget targets and controlling adverse variances.
- Achieving area compliance, performance and customer service trend showing progressive improvements each year that meets or exceeds the Business Plan Targets and Incentive Framework arrangements
- Promotion of Drinking Water asset improvements to the Asset Management Team for inclusion in the Capital Programme, thereby maintaining the serviceability of the Drinking Water Assets.
- Management of events and incidents in accordance with Company procedures.
- Representing the interests of the function and Company to the news media when required.
- Supporting the delivery of capital improvement works.
- Ensuring operational activities comply with Environmental and Permitting regulations
- Meeting the local licence requirements of the Raw Water Sources in collaboration with the Central Supply Team.
- Management of sludge inter-works and re-cycling activities and support of contract relationships
- Degree in relevant discipline or demonstrable education in parable technical discipline.
- Recognised Management Training and Development qualification.
- Relevant experience in Utility Industry or similar.
- Experience in relevant Water Industry leadership/management role
- Experience of other pipeline/process industries (e.g. Gas, Chemical) considered.
- Proven Leadership Ability - to be able to motivate and direct a diverse team providing essential operational delivery to the business.
- Excellent Communication Skills - able to convey complex information in the correct format/style to meet a range of audiences.
- Analytical Skills - ability to understand and interpret technical information from a range of sources.
- Excellent and proven decision making skills.
- Innovation skills to move the business forward.
- IS skills - able to use and develop IS systems to deliver improved business processes and performance
- Presentation Skills - able to present the business plan and performance delivery to the team and other functions/external stakeholders.
- Project management Skills - to ensure work packages are effectively delivered.
Other Relevant factors
- Role will be part of the Operations Duty Manager Standby Rotation.
- Role will include networking with other water companies and businesses to ensure best practise is delivered.
- Role may include representation on national bodies/groups.
- Able to travel around the work area using company vehicle
- Full UK Drivers Licence
To apply, or to find out more information, please click on one of the "apply" buttons
Please note that due to a high level of applications, we can only respond immediately to applicants whose skills & qualifications are suitable for this position.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.