Residential Support Worker Children and Young People
£8.30 to £8.50 per hour PLUS sleep allowance at £31 per sleep (£26,790 to £27,300 per annum)
2 weekly rotating shift pattern
Join a first class organisation that specialises in high quality residential and community based care for children and young people across the Midlands, North West and North Wales.
Care packages to young people from a range of backgrounds in specialist small group and solo children's homes. Specialist integrated therapeutic services and high staffing ratios, exceptional care and a range of tailored specialist placement options.
The Residential Children's Worker will:
- Work as part of the team to provide high quality care for children and young people, and maintain a high standard of individual practice consistent with National Minimum Standards and Codes of Practice.
- Provide a positive role model and maintain high professional standards at all times
- Ensure the routine physical care and hygiene of the young people is maintained
- Maintain appropriate routines, limits and boundaries for the young people
- Ensure safeguarding concerns are reported to your line manager and responded to properly
- Be familiar with each child's care plan and your responsibilities in updating the placement plan.
- Ensure that therapeutic and care plans for young people are strictly adhered to.
- Actively strive to achieve the best outcomes for the young people.
Essential requirements for Residential Children's Worker :
- Knowledge of the Quality Standards for Children's Homes 2015
- Good standard of verbal and written communication
- Understanding of management of challenging behaviour
- Experience of working in a children's care and therapeutic setting
- Must work sleep-in shifts
- Full, clean, current driving licence
- Enhanced and satisfactory DBS check
Desirable requirements for Residential Children's Worker:
- NVQ level 3 in Caring for Children and Young People or QCF Level 3 Diploma Children & Young Peoples Workforce or equivalent
To apply please send your CV or hit 'Apply Now'. Alternatively call Gus Nicol on 01782 209091 to talk about this opportunity.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.