Registered Nurse - RGN
£15 to £19 per hour (full-time also available at 35 hours a week)
Join a leading provider of person-centred nursing and care in a purpose-built environment that provides a range of services for adults with physical difficulties.
Registered Nurse - RGN JOB PURPOSE
To take responsibility for maintaining professional standards of care available to service users within the service on a daily basis.
To promote independence through the coordination of planned work activity and the input of professional nursing skills.
To work in partnership with service users encouraging choice, participation and motivation, adhering at all times to the values of the organisation.
To deputise for the Service Manager/Care Supervisor as nurse in Charge in their absence and thereby be accountable for service provision to the Commission for Social Care Inspection. Responsible for the direct supervision of all care staff on shift.
Registered Nurse - RGN KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- To be responsible for the formal and daily supervision of care staff, maintaining a high quality service delivery in a manner that is effective, efficient and promotes service users independence.
- To participate in the training and development of care staff in undertaking care tasks.
- To facilitate and encourage team working within the service.
- To maintain close working relationships with therapy and ancillary staff.
- To liaise as part of a multi disciplinary approach to care with outside agencies, eg district nurse, social worker, housing providers.
- To contribute to the ongoing assessment of service users (including assessment of new service users) observing any deterioration in their well being and ensuring this managed and recorded in an appropriate way.
- To be responsible for nursing care and drugs administration, ensuring that service users' needs for nursing are to a high professional standard and to record all information in accordance with procedures.
- To be involved in supporting service users with their physical care and personal hygiene needs, ensuring that their independence is preserved and developed as far as possible and affording appropriate levels of privacy and dignity.
- To liaise with social workers and key workers in conducting service users reviews to ensure that identified needs and aspirations are being met and support given to the agreed standards.
- To contribute to effective communications with service users, their relatives, friends, professional helpers and other members of staff, ensuring the continuity of quality and safety in the provision of personal care services.
- To cover on-call for the service on a rota basis where required to do so.
- To comply with all health and safety policies and procedures.
- To participate in supervision, staff meetings and training activities as required.
- To be responsible for maintaining and improving own knowledge and skills through experience and training.
- To undertake additional responsibilities as requested by the Service Manager following the successful completion of specific training and personal skills development.
- To undertake any other reasonable duties as requested.
Registered Nurse - RGN PERSON SPECIFICATION
- To be a Registered General Nurse (RGN)
- To be able to demonstrate post qualification learning.
- To demonstrate a willingness to undertake further training and development.
- To have experience of providing direct personal and social care.
- To have experience of communicating with professionals and other agencies.
- To have experience of team working.
- To have experience of supervising a team of staff.
- To be able to demonstrate understanding of the needs of disabled people.
- To be able to work rostered hours.
- To be prepared to participate in the on-call rota.
- To be willing to attend relevant meetings and training, sometimes off site and outside normal working hours.
Meridian is acting as a recruitment agency for this position. Please apply without delay.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.