We are currently working on behalf of our client to recruit an experienced manager for an independent residential care home in Blackpool.
The home provides residential care for 40 residents, and is currently benefiting from investment from the owners to modernise the building, and to ensure that the service continues to provide the best standards of care and support to the mix of elderly and physically disabled residents.
Although the service benefits from a fantastic support structure that includes a compliance officer and area manager, things not often found in smaller organisations, there are a number of challenges facing an incoming manager and your experience in managing a service in the local area will be paramount in ensuring that the service thrives going forward.
We are looking to recruit a manager who can offer the following:
- Experience of managing a residential home to a high standard and is fully compliant, as evidenced via multiple CQC inspection reports.
- Full understanding of the new CQC inspection regime.
- Good relationships with key decision makers in the area, or an ability to forge relationships quickly.
- A proven track record in attracting residents and in maintaining high occupancy rates.
- Excellent communication skills, which will enable you to manage relationships with staff, residents, and families.
- Excellent people skills. We prefer a manager who takes an active part in the day-to-day lives of people in the home, who knows their residents, and has time to chat with families, staff, and is knowledgeable about how care is provided within the home.
- A driver is preferred for this role.
In return for providing the highest levels of managerial expertise, and showing the drive and commitment required to make a success of this position, our client is offering a basic salary of £32,000 - £35,000 with an opportunity to earn additional bonuses based on tangible, achievable targets.
If you would like further information about this opportunity, please apply with your CV or contact Mike on 07500 827 519.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.